Do Concrete Roof Tiles Absorb Water?November 8, 2017
There are many companies that manufacture and sell roof sealants that promise benefits for sealing roofs tiles, and selling the idea that applying sealant on roofs is a must is common. However, before sealants were invented, concrete roofs were used effectively for centuries.
So why use sealants on concrete roof tiles, do they absorb water? It is because some sealant manufacturers and enthusiastic retailers claim that concrete roof tiles can become porous, absorb water, and then eventually leak, but that is not correct. The truth is that this just doesn’t happen with modern concrete roof tiles. While it is true that decades old concrete roof tiles have become porous, but even these can keep rainwater out if they are not cracked, damaged, and properly installed?
If concrete roof tiles are laid properly on a slope surface, they will not leak or absorb water. This is even true of properly installed porous roofing material such as clay roofing tiles, as long as water does not pool on the roof and they aren’t damaged in some way, then they will not leak.
Through concrete roof tiles are considered porous, people should not refrain from considering it as an option for reroofing a home, or as new roofing. Older concrete roof tiles can be refurbished, painted and sealant applied, to fill-in hairline cracks and to make a roof look like new again, however, the costs to maintain older concrete roof tiles can be pricey. In fact, it may be a similar cost to re-roof a home with modern Boral concrete roof tiles instead of refurbishing older concrete tiles.
Benefits of Boral Roof Tiles
Boral concrete roof tiles do not absorb water. Unlike older unglazed concrete tiles that may allow the slightest permeation of moisture to seep through, Boral concrete tiles are guaranteed to be 100% waterproof, and highly resistant to cracking, chipping, or the development of hairline cracks.
Basically, Boral tiles are the perfect roofing solution, as these are not only durable and hardier than other types of roofing materials, but they will also last longer too. In fact, there is even a fifty-year warranty on the company’s roofing tiles. Boral tiles are available in an expansive range of classic colours and styles, ideally fit for any modern home aesthetics.
To learn more about the benefits of Boral concrete roofing tiles and Boral terracotta roofing tiles, schedule a free, no obligation consultation with the roofing professionals at Ajax Gregson Tiles – a family run business with over 15 years’ experience in the roofing industry.
Ajax Gregson TIles
PO BOX 79, MOUNT EVELYN VIC 3796 ( Temporary )
Glen’s Mobile 0419 546 699
Mel’s Mobile 0403 486 772
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Why Do Tile Roofs Fail? What are the Best Remedies?
- Upgrading Home Extension Design and Market Value by Using Boral Roofing Tiles
- Advantages of Re-roofing and Switching to Boral Roofing Tiles
- Signs of Aging Roof Tiles: Is DIY Fixing Good Enough?
- Why Roofing Tile Styles and Colours Should Be Part of Your Exterior Architectural Design
- Why Replacing Half a Roof is a Bad Idea?
- Making Boral Tile Reroofing as Part of Home Remodeling
- Why Sealers are Important for Concrete and Terracotta Roof Tiles
- Boral Roof Tiling: Best Choice for Roof Restoration
- New Homes and Unit Developments Can Benefit Using Boral Roofing Tiles
- Roof Coating for Concrete Tiles: What are the Benefits?
- Re-roofing with Boral Roofing Tiles: Your Best Option to Remove Nasty Moss, Molds and Mildew
- Roof Ridges Using Boral Tiles: The Importance of Proper Installation
- Popular FAQs about Residential Tile Roof Replacement
- Enhance Your Brand New Roof with Boral Terracotta and Concrete Roofing Tiles
- Boral Designer Ceramic Roof Tiles: Advantages for Your Home
- Checklist for New Home Extensions (Why Tile Roofing Must Be Included)
- How to Select Tile Roofing Materials for Optimum Results
- Reasons Why Multi-Unit Builders and Contractors Should Choose Boral Tile Roofing
- Matching Boral Roof Tile Colours with Your Overall Exterior Design
- Use Quality Boral Roofing Tiles for Your New House Extension
- Boral Roof Tiles are Perfect for the Summer Season
- Common Causes of Roofing Tile Failure and Cracking
- The Right Roofing Material is A Vital Part of Your Home Extension
- How Well Do Terracotta Roof Tiles Respond to Different Weather Conditions?
- View all articles…
- Are Concrete Roof Tiles Fireproof?
- Why Should You Consider Using Roof Tiles than Asphalt Shingles?
- View all articles…
- Re-roofing Advantages and When Should You Get Rid Of Your Old Roof Tiles?
- Differences between Tile Roofs and Shingle Roofs: Reasons Why Tile Roofs Are Better
- View all articles…