Use Boral Terracotta Roofing Tiles to Reduce External Noise Brought by Weather DisturbancesSeptember 4, 2019
There are various types of roofing material available throughout Australia. One of the most common roof types is metal roofing or steel roofs; the reason is that when compared to other types of roofing it is fairly inexpensive and easily installed. However, the problems people complain about with steel roofing is the external noise brought by weather disturbance. Read more
Boral French or Swiss Terracotta Roof Tiles: Choose What's Best for Your Roof DesignAugust 22, 2019
Typically, a roof makes up to 40% or more of the overall design of a house, which is why selecting the right roof tile is so important. After considering the common types of roofing materials available in Australia, such as asphalt shingles, metal roof sheeting, concrete roof tiles, and terracotta roof tiles, there are two important things that will determine which is the best for your roof design. Read more
French Terracota Roof Tiles from Boral: An Ideal Fit for Both Rural and City HomesAugust 8, 2019
Australia has a rich diversity of residential architectural design styles that have evolved over time. Many architectural residential designs have been influenced and borrowed from Europe and other countries, such as the Victorian style and the Georgian style from England and North America. While common architectural features of houses may vary between rural and city homes, the preferred choice of roofing material is often the same. Read more
What is the Minimum Pitch for a Roof Tile?July 18, 2019
In the construction of houses, the pitch of a roof is one of the most important aspects. What is the importance of the pitch of a roof? The pitch is the steepness of a roof – the angle of a roof’s slope. Read more
Striata Roof Tile Designs from Boral: Perfect for Country-Style HomesJuly 3, 2019
There is something appealing about old-fashioned roofing that is slowly fading into the oblivion of modernity. On rare occasions, you may still find some traditional roofing in historical buildings that have been preserved for posterity, or in some of the more affluent buildings that can afford to invest in high-quality old-fashioned roofing materials. Read more
Fashionable Vogue Boral Roof Tiles for Contemporary HomesJune 17, 2019
There are many styles of contemporary homes, with pitched roofs becoming a more common feature. Pitched roofs are common in areas that experience heavy rains and snow throughout the year. Many contemporary homes being built today have different slopped roofs that allow snow and rain to slide off easily and are deigned in a way that does not sacrifice a modern appeal. Read more
Terracotta Roof Tiles for Coastal Home RoofingJune 4, 2019
If you have a home on the coast, whether it is your permanent address or weekend retreat house, it is important to find the best coastal roofing materials that can withstand salt, sunshine, moisture, and occasional high winds and rain. Read more
Choosing an Authorised Boral Roofing Specialist: Why is it Important?May 15, 2019
One of the most important questions to ask yourself when considering buying a new roof is which roofing material is the best for my house? It is a very important question to ask as the type of roof material you choose will not only add to the beauty of your house, but it will be a shield that protects your home from the elements. Read more
Mediterranean Style Homes: Why Terracotta Tiles are the Best FitMay 1, 2019
Mediterranean architecture is renowned the world over for its unique aesthetics. One of the most noticeable traits of Mediterranean aesthetics is the reliance on terracotta as a primary material in architectural construction. Read more
Boral Roof Tiles for Roof Overhang: Design and Functionality at Its FinestApril 17, 2019
Roof overhangs are necessity for every house. These are crucial for providing shade to windows and help to reduce the amount of rain and heat that could otherwise hit doors and the siding of houses. Read more
Linea Concrete Roof Tiles: Benefits of Durability and Colour-Through DesignApril 2, 2019
People may argue that tile roofing is by and large pricier than the average metal roofing; however, there are certain advantages that concrete and terracotta roof tiles have that metal roofing simply cannot emulate. Read more
Connecting Old Tile Roofing with a New House Roofing Extension: How is this Done?March 18, 2019
If you have plans to add a new house extension, then there are many things you need to consider before getting started. One such consideration is whether connecting old tile roofing with a new house roofing extension is possible, or not? Read more
Roof Repair: Roof Pointing and Roof Rebedding ExplainedMarch 5, 2019
While concrete and clay roof tiles are durable and long-lasting, eventually the time will come when roof repair and maintenance is needed for roof pointing and roof rebedding. What is roof pointing and roof rebedding? Roof pointing and roof bedding are vital parts of a roof’s structure. Read more
Glazed and Unglazed Terracotta Roof Tiles: Know the DifferencesFebruary 22, 2019
If you are in the planning stages of a home renovation project, and you have decided to reroof your house with terracotta roof tiles, then you should know the difference between glazed and unglazed tiles before you make any finale decision. Read more
Terracotta and Concrete Roof Tiles: How Can You Tell the Difference?February 14, 2019
How can you tell the difference between terracotta and concrete tiles? That is a good question to ask, as these two types of roofing material look very similar and are nearly indistinguishable to the untrained eye. Read more
How Roof Tiles Can Help Limit NoiseJanuary 29, 2019
Exterior noise can be a major distraction that can prevent property owners from enjoying peace and quiet within their homes. Read more
Flexible Pointing for Boral Roof Tiles: What is it all about?January 15, 2019
While the largest section of concrete and terracotta roofing consists of field tiles that are easily secured to the roof, special adhesive is needed for hip and ridge tiles. One of the best adhesive mechanical fasteners for popular concrete and terracotta Boral roof tiles is Flexible Pointing, as it meets and exceeds building code standards for fixing hip and ridge tiles to roofs. Read more
- Use Boral Terracotta Roofing Tiles to Reduce External Noise Brought by Weather Disturbances
- Boral French or Swiss Terracotta Roof Tiles: Choose What's Best for Your Roof Design
- French Terracota Roof Tiles from Boral: An Ideal Fit for Both Rural and City Homes
- What is the Minimum Pitch for a Roof Tile?
- Striata Roof Tile Designs from Boral: Perfect for Country-Style Homes
- Fashionable Vogue Boral Roof Tiles for Contemporary Homes
- Terracotta Roof Tiles for Coastal Home Roofing
- Choosing an Authorised Boral Roofing Specialist: Why is it Important?
- Mediterranean Style Homes: Why Terracotta Tiles are the Best Fit
- Boral Roof Tiles for Roof Overhang: Design and Functionality at Its Finest
- Linea Concrete Roof Tiles: Benefits of Durability and Colour-Through Design
- Connecting Old Tile Roofing with a New House Roofing Extension: How is this Done?
- Roof Repair: Roof Pointing and Roof Rebedding Explained
- Glazed and Unglazed Terracotta Roof Tiles: Know the Differences
- Terracotta and Concrete Roof Tiles: How Can You Tell the Difference?
- How Roof Tiles Can Help Limit Noise
- Flexible Pointing for Boral Roof Tiles: What is it all about?
- Boral Slimline Designs: Why Opt to Choose It for Your Roof?
- Why Do Tile Roofs Fail? What are the Best Remedies?
- View all articles…
- The Right Roofing Material is A Vital Part of Your Home Extension
- How Well Do Terracotta Roof Tiles Respond to Different Weather Conditions?
- View all articles…
- Are Concrete Roof Tiles Fireproof?
- Why Should You Consider Using Roof Tiles than Asphalt Shingles?
- View all articles…
- Re-roofing Advantages and When Should You Get Rid Of Your Old Roof Tiles?
- Differences between Tile Roofs and Shingle Roofs: Reasons Why Tile Roofs Are Better
- View all articles…