Why Should You Consider Using Roof Tiles than Asphalt Shingles?December 1, 2016
Whether it is a roof for a new home or for an extension, cost is always a consideration when choosing a roofing material. While asphalt shingles are an attractive option because of the price, the material you chose for the roof should be of the highest quality possible. The reasons for this are obvious as the roofing type you choose will have an effect on your property’s value, but more importantly on the level of protection it will provide to your home.
There are many types of roofing materials, two of the most common being concrete roof tiles and asphalt shingles. Between the two of these roofing materials, concrete tiles have more advantages and should be considered as the best choice.
The Reasons to Consider Using Concrete Roof Tiles than Asphalt Shingles
There are many advantages of having concrete roof tiles on a home, such as the variety of colours available to choose from that can match nearly any residential property’s aesthetics. Concrete is also hardier than any other alternative roofing material in the market. Unlike the few shades of colour available and the limited durability of asphalt shingles, concrete roofing tiles can’t be beat.
Superior durability – that is what you can expect from concrete roof tiles, these will last as long as a well-built home, unlike asphalt shingles which are ultimately only a temporary roof solution that will need to be replaced every 15-20 years. Many property owners don’t realise how fragile asphalt roofing shingles are, but concrete roofing tiles are not like that. In fact, concrete roof tiles can make a home stronger, as these can withstand all types of harsh weather.
Beautiful appearance and Eco-friendly – no other roofing material can compare to the available colours of roof paint that can be used with concrete roof tiles. Also, unlike asphalt shingles, concrete tiles such as Boral concrete tiles are not made using petroleum-based products and do not pose a danger to landfills or the environment.
While asphalt shingles are an affordable option, in the beginning, these are not as strong, or will last as long, as concrete tiles and will cost more to maintain as years pass. So, if you are in the market for a new roof, and you would like to learn more about the benefits of Boral concrete tiles, then visit the showroom at Ajax Gregson Tiles today.
If you want to invest in high quality roofing tiles that will last you for decades to come, and that look great, then visit us here at Ajax Gregson Tiles, we can help you find the right roofing material that best suits your home.
Ajax Gregson TIles
PO BOX 79, MOUNT EVELYN VIC 3796 ( Temporary )
Glen’s Mobile 0419 546 699
Mel’s Mobile 0403 486 772
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Why Do Tile Roofs Fail? What are the Best Remedies?
- Upgrading Home Extension Design and Market Value by Using Boral Roofing Tiles
- Advantages of Re-roofing and Switching to Boral Roofing Tiles
- Signs of Aging Roof Tiles: Is DIY Fixing Good Enough?
- Why Roofing Tile Styles and Colours Should Be Part of Your Exterior Architectural Design
- Why Replacing Half a Roof is a Bad Idea?
- Making Boral Tile Reroofing as Part of Home Remodeling
- Why Sealers are Important for Concrete and Terracotta Roof Tiles
- Boral Roof Tiling: Best Choice for Roof Restoration
- New Homes and Unit Developments Can Benefit Using Boral Roofing Tiles
- Roof Coating for Concrete Tiles: What are the Benefits?
- Re-roofing with Boral Roofing Tiles: Your Best Option to Remove Nasty Moss, Molds and Mildew
- Roof Ridges Using Boral Tiles: The Importance of Proper Installation
- Popular FAQs about Residential Tile Roof Replacement
- Enhance Your Brand New Roof with Boral Terracotta and Concrete Roofing Tiles
- Boral Designer Ceramic Roof Tiles: Advantages for Your Home
- Checklist for New Home Extensions (Why Tile Roofing Must Be Included)
- How to Select Tile Roofing Materials for Optimum Results
- Reasons Why Multi-Unit Builders and Contractors Should Choose Boral Tile Roofing
- Matching Boral Roof Tile Colours with Your Overall Exterior Design
- Use Quality Boral Roofing Tiles for Your New House Extension
- Boral Roof Tiles are Perfect for the Summer Season
- Common Causes of Roofing Tile Failure and Cracking
- The Right Roofing Material is A Vital Part of Your Home Extension
- How Well Do Terracotta Roof Tiles Respond to Different Weather Conditions?
- View all articles…
- Are Concrete Roof Tiles Fireproof?
- Why Should You Consider Using Roof Tiles than Asphalt Shingles?
- View all articles…
- Re-roofing Advantages and When Should You Get Rid Of Your Old Roof Tiles?
- Differences between Tile Roofs and Shingle Roofs: Reasons Why Tile Roofs Are Better
- View all articles…