Why Do Tile Roofs Fail? What are the Best Remedies?December 5, 2018
The roof is not only the largest area of your home, but it is also the most important to maintain. This is because when a roof fails to keep out water, your home is in danger of serious water damage. Although roof tiles are specially designed to keep water out, they can fail under certain situations and circumstances.
Understanding Why Tile Roofs Fail
There are many roofing materials and brands available to protect residential housing. However, Boral roofing tiles are the preferred choice for many home owners in Australia, for good reasons. Both Boral roofing tiles and terracotta roofing tiles are superior to other brands of roof tiles. They are strong, durable, require minimal maintenance, and will last longer than any other type of roofing material.
While Boral makes the best roofing tiles, even quality roof tiles can fail under certain circumstance and situations, and knowing the most common cause of roof tile failure is the best way to prevent any costly damage to your roof and home.
Here are some of the common reasons why tile roofs fail:
Tile roofs can crack – cracked roof tiles are a serious problem. Roof tiles can fail when they become cracked or damaged by physical impact, such as when trees or large tree branches fall onto them, or when inexperienced persons mount and walk on your roof.
If cracked roof tiles are found, these should be repaired as soon as possible to prevent water from entering your home and causing costly repairs. Even if cracked roof tiles do prevent water from leaking inside the home, they can allow moisture to build up, which can result in the development of mold and mildew that can damages ceilings and walls.
Untreated clay and cement roof tiles – unlike quality Boral roof tiles that are pretreated, other brands of roofing tiles come without any coat of paint. Without any protective layer of paint or roof sealant, moisture can effectively penetrate the surface of roof tiles and cause cracking, as a result of moisture expanding due to temperature changes caused by heat from the sun.
The best remedy for roof tile failure is to have your roof inspected to identify any damage or potential problems, and then have any cracked or broken roof tiles repaired or replaced as needed, to prevent damage to your home.
Scheduling a roof inspection is easy, just call us here at Ajax Gregson Tiles for a ‘free’ no obligation roof inspection today!
Ajax Gregson TIles
PO BOX 79, MOUNT EVELYN VIC 3796 ( Temporary )
Glen’s Mobile 0419 546 699
Mel’s Mobile 0403 486 772
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Why Do Tile Roofs Fail? What are the Best Remedies?
- Upgrading Home Extension Design and Market Value by Using Boral Roofing Tiles
- Advantages of Re-roofing and Switching to Boral Roofing Tiles
- Signs of Aging Roof Tiles: Is DIY Fixing Good Enough?
- Why Roofing Tile Styles and Colours Should Be Part of Your Exterior Architectural Design
- Why Replacing Half a Roof is a Bad Idea?
- Making Boral Tile Reroofing as Part of Home Remodeling
- Why Sealers are Important for Concrete and Terracotta Roof Tiles
- Boral Roof Tiling: Best Choice for Roof Restoration
- New Homes and Unit Developments Can Benefit Using Boral Roofing Tiles
- Roof Coating for Concrete Tiles: What are the Benefits?
- Re-roofing with Boral Roofing Tiles: Your Best Option to Remove Nasty Moss, Molds and Mildew
- Roof Ridges Using Boral Tiles: The Importance of Proper Installation
- Popular FAQs about Residential Tile Roof Replacement
- Enhance Your Brand New Roof with Boral Terracotta and Concrete Roofing Tiles
- Boral Designer Ceramic Roof Tiles: Advantages for Your Home
- Checklist for New Home Extensions (Why Tile Roofing Must Be Included)
- How to Select Tile Roofing Materials for Optimum Results
- Reasons Why Multi-Unit Builders and Contractors Should Choose Boral Tile Roofing
- Matching Boral Roof Tile Colours with Your Overall Exterior Design
- Use Quality Boral Roofing Tiles for Your New House Extension
- Boral Roof Tiles are Perfect for the Summer Season
- Common Causes of Roofing Tile Failure and Cracking
- The Right Roofing Material is A Vital Part of Your Home Extension
- How Well Do Terracotta Roof Tiles Respond to Different Weather Conditions?
- View all articles…
- Are Concrete Roof Tiles Fireproof?
- Why Should You Consider Using Roof Tiles than Asphalt Shingles?
- View all articles…
- Re-roofing Advantages and When Should You Get Rid Of Your Old Roof Tiles?
- Differences between Tile Roofs and Shingle Roofs: Reasons Why Tile Roofs Are Better
- View all articles…