Why Roofing Installation Should Never Have Any ShortcutsMar 6, 2017
Issues with a roof can ruin your entire house since this element prevents moisture and debris from entering the rest of your structure. For this reason, a roofing installation or replacement should contain quality materials and workmanship, and be void of any shortcuts. When roofing contractors resort to shortcuts, the results will lead to tiles falling off, leaks occurring, the substructure of the roof deteriorating in severe situations, and other issues. This holds true for all styles of roofs.
Tiles Will Come Loose without the Use of Proper Attachment Methods
When inadequate fastening methods are put into action, tiles can break apart or come loose from the roof. Effective ways to attach terracotta or cement tiles include specially designed clips, ballast stones and even galvanised steel nails. Roof battens are another important element since the tiles attach to the battens. The proper placement of these thin strips of metal, wood or plastic ensure durability in the way the tiles attach to the roof. The configuration of the installation is dependent upon the shape, style and size of your roof.
Leaks May Occur When the Contractor Takes Shortcuts
Another issue that can occur when a contractor resorts to shortcuts on a roofing installation is leaks in the foundation of the roof that allow water to seep into the interior of the home. Once this happens, the ceiling, walls, inner framework and even the subflooring can suffer damage from dampness that includes staining, warping and deterioration.
The Roof's Substructure Can Rot from Moisture Exposure
If the installation is shoddy from the use of shortcuts, the substructure of the roof can rot from exposure to moisture. When this rot is severe in nature, it can result in the collapse of a portion of the roof. Your entire house will suffer major damage beyond what we mentioned earlier. The repair bills will be expensive for the restoration of your house back to its former ideal condition.
An Example of a Roofing Shortcut to Avoid
One example of the type of shortcut to which we refer to in the above information is the inclusion of low-quality materials in order for the contractor to earn higher profits from your roof. Materials such as these do not last as long as quality ones do, and this leads to additional repairs and replacements in less time than if the right materials are on and in your roof from the start.
To learn additional facts about why roofing installation should never contain any shortcuts, contact Ajax Gregson Tiles. We are experts in installing various types and styles of roofs using high-quality materials such as Boral® concrete and terracotta tiles.
If you want to invest in high quality roofing tiles that will last you for decades to come, and that look great, then visit us here at Ajax Gregson Tiles, we can help you find the right roofing material that best suits your home.
Ajax Gregson TIles
PO BOX 79, MOUNT EVELYN VIC 3796 ( Temporary )
Glen’s Mobile 0419 546 699
Mel’s Mobile 0403 486 772
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- The Right Roofing Material is A Vital Part of Your Home Extension
- How Well Do Terracotta Roof Tiles Respond to Different Weather Conditions?
- Do Concrete Roof Tiles Absorb Water?
- Roof Restoration for Stained and Discoloured Concrete Roof Tiles
- Why Do Roof Tiles Crack?
- The Importance of Sealing and Waterproofing Terracotta Roof Tiles
- How Often Should You Clean Your Tile Roof?
- The Importance of Roof Profiling in Home Extension Projects
- Exceptional Features of Tile Roofing
- Factors to Consider When Choosing between Flat Roof and Corrugated Roof Tile Design
- Regent Paints Roof Coating: Why is it Best to Use Roof Coating Paint for Your Roof Tiles?
- Roof Remodeling Tips for Better Homes
- Why Do You Need Pre-Installation Inspection Prior to any Roofing and Re-roofing Project?
- Pros and Cons of Flat Roof Tiles versus Shaped Roof Tiles
- Roof Restoration without Metal Roofing: Why Should You Switch to Terracotta or Concrete Roof Tiles?
- Roof Molds: When a Roof Tear Off and Re-roofing Becomes a Necessity
- Terracotta and Concrete Roof Tiles for Sustainable Home Building
- Boral Roofing Supplier and Installer in Melbourne
- Boral Terracotta or Concrete Roofing Tiles? Consult with Ajax Gregson to Help You!!!
- Why Roofing Installation Should Never Have Any Shortcuts
- Differences between Terracotta and Concrete Roofing Tile Features and Strengths
- Focus on Safety in New Roofing Installation
- Boral French Terracotta Roof Tiles: Beauty and Classical Architecture Combined
- How Can You Protect Your Teracotta and Concrete Roof Tiles Against Water Damage and Leaks?
- Are Concrete Roof Tiles Fireproof?
- Why Should You Consider Using Roof Tiles than Asphalt Shingles?
- View all articles…
- Re-roofing Advantages and When Should You Get Rid Of Your Old Roof Tiles?
- Differences between Tile Roofs and Shingle Roofs: Reasons Why Tile Roofs Are Better
- View all articles…