Roof Ridges Using Boral Tiles: The Importance of Proper Installation June 8, 2018
Choosing the right roofing material is the most important decision you can make for your home, and when compared to all other types of roofing, Boral roof tiles are the best to use. This is especially true when it comes to roof ridges. What is a roof ridge? Simply, it is where opposing roof planes meet at the peak or top of the roof, and that run the length of an area.
While the highest point of a roof is a roof ridge, there are typically other areas of roofs that also have roof ridges.
The Importance of Proper Installation of Tile Ridge Caps
Tile ridge caps are “V” shaped tiles that mount on top of your roof ridges and are considered the most important factor in keeping the elements such as rain out. They should effectively secure tiles where they meet at opposing angles, if properly installed? In fact, improperly installed ridge caps on roof ridges are the main cause of most roofing problems.
Blown off caps caused by wind damage because of poorly or improperly installed ridge cap tiles can expose areas of a roof to the elements such as rain. This can cause extensive damage enough to warrant roof replacement, which is why it is very important to locate experienced roofing professionals when installing a new roof or for a re-roofing project.
Benefits of Using Boral Tile Ridge Caps on Your Roof Ridges
Because ridge caps are so vital in keeping weather out, not only is it so important to have a qualified roofing company install them, but so is choosing the best roofing material to use, such as Boral roofing tiles.
Boral cement and clay roof tiles have many benefits over other roofing types. Not only are they available in many colours, but it is a safe economic choice that will provide the best protection for your home. Here are some other benefits Boral roof tiles offer:
- Superior thermal performance – if you want to reduce your home’s energy demands, then using either Boral clay or cement roof tiles is suggested, as these have a higher thermal mass than other roofing materials and will help naturally maintain the temperature levels in your home all year.
- Low maintenance and long-lasting – Boral roofing tiles not only require little maintenance, but will also last as long as your home, even longer.
If you want to make sure that your roof is installed properly, then contact us here at Ajax Gregson Tiles. We can help you choose the best roofing tiles for your home and will guaranteed proper installation.
Ajax Gregson TIles
PO BOX 79, MOUNT EVELYN VIC 3796 ( Temporary )
Glen’s Mobile 0419 546 699
Mel’s Mobile 0403 486 772
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Upgrading Home Extension Design and Market Value by Using Boral Roofing Tiles
- Advantages of Re-roofing and Switching to Boral Roofing Tiles
- Signs of Aging Roof Tiles: Is DIY Fixing Good Enough?
- Why Roofing Tile Styles and Colours Should Be Part of Your Exterior Architectural Design
- Why Replacing Half a Roof is a Bad Idea?
- Making Boral Tile Reroofing as Part of Home Remodeling
- Why Sealers are Important for Concrete and Terracotta Roof Tiles
- Boral Roof Tiling: Best Choice for Roof Restoration
- New Homes and Unit Developments Can Benefit Using Boral Roofing Tiles
- Roof Coating for Concrete Tiles: What are the Benefits?
- Re-roofing with Boral Roofing Tiles: Your Best Option to Remove Nasty Moss, Molds and Mildew
- Roof Ridges Using Boral Tiles: The Importance of Proper Installation
- Popular FAQs about Residential Tile Roof Replacement
- Enhance Your Brand New Roof with Boral Terracotta and Concrete Roofing Tiles
- Boral Designer Ceramic Roof Tiles: Advantages for Your Home
- Checklist for New Home Extensions (Why Tile Roofing Must Be Included)
- How to Select Tile Roofing Materials for Optimum Results
- Reasons Why Multi-Unit Builders and Contractors Should Choose Boral Tile Roofing
- Matching Boral Roof Tile Colours with Your Overall Exterior Design
- Use Quality Boral Roofing Tiles for Your New House Extension
- Boral Roof Tiles are Perfect for the Summer Season
- Common Causes of Roofing Tile Failure and Cracking
- The Right Roofing Material is A Vital Part of Your Home Extension
- How Well Do Terracotta Roof Tiles Respond to Different Weather Conditions?
- View all articles…
- Are Concrete Roof Tiles Fireproof?
- Why Should You Consider Using Roof Tiles than Asphalt Shingles?
- View all articles…
- Re-roofing Advantages and When Should You Get Rid Of Your Old Roof Tiles?
- Differences between Tile Roofs and Shingle Roofs: Reasons Why Tile Roofs Are Better
- View all articles…