Roof Restoration without Metal Roofing: Why Should You Switch to Terracotta or Concrete Roof Tiles?May 18, 2017
When roof failure occurs homeowners need to consider whether to repair sections of their roof, or to make roof restoration or reroofing plans. For metal roofing, roof restoration may only include sections of the roof where leaks and damage was discovered, usually the rest of the roof is left, as is. For metal roofs, the need to make roof restoration and repairs may come every few years, as sections of metal roofing are removed as they deteriorate.
As the years pass, and metal sheeting is replaced in various areas of the roof, the original roofing sheets remain, until these too corrode, leak, and then need to be replaced. It is highly recommended to have roof restoration without metal roofing, using terracotta or concrete roof tiles instead because it will save property owners money, by not needing to regularly repair or resurfacing aging metal roofing.
Why Switch to Terracotta or Concrete Roof Tiles Instead of Metal Roofing
The best reason to switch to terracotta or concrete roof tiles is to avoid many of the common metal roofing problems home owners face. Basically, metal roofing does not last as long as concrete and terracotta tiles, so there is fewer repairs and maintenance needed over the years. That being said, when it comes time to repair, resurface, or reroof an old metal roof, the extra cost of concrete and terracotta roof tiles should be seriously considered, as these can not only last longer, but can better protect a home.
There are a few major advantages that concrete terracotta roof tiles have over metal roofing that should compel any property owner to consider making the switch, here are a few of them below:
Durability and corrosion free – without a doubt, terracotta and concrete tiles are hardier than metal roofing sheets, and these can better withstand harsh weather and will not corrode or rust, which means they last much longer than metal roofing.
Aesthetic appeal – unlike metal roofing sheets, concrete and terracotta tiles are versatile when it comes to aesthetic appeal, without jeopardising structural integrity. These can be glazed with an assortment of colours, or left unglazed to give a more natural look.
Reduces noise – in harsh weather, wind and rain can make much noise on metal roofs, enough to keep people awake at night, but with terracotta and concrete tiles, hardly a noise is heard.
If you are considering roof restoration, and you have a metal roof, then you will discover many more benefits that re-roofing with terracotta and concrete roof tiles will bring. You can get information about pricing and discover the further benefits of concrete terracotta tiles, by scheduling a free no-obligation consultation with the roofing experts at Ajax Gregson Tiles.
Ajax Gregson TIles
PO BOX 79, MOUNT EVELYN VIC 3796 ( Temporary )
Glen’s Mobile 0419 546 699
Mel’s Mobile 0403 486 772
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- The Right Roofing Material is A Vital Part of Your Home Extension
- How Well Do Terracotta Roof Tiles Respond to Different Weather Conditions?
- Do Concrete Roof Tiles Absorb Water?
- Roof Restoration for Stained and Discoloured Concrete Roof Tiles
- Why Do Roof Tiles Crack?
- The Importance of Sealing and Waterproofing Terracotta Roof Tiles
- How Often Should You Clean Your Tile Roof?
- The Importance of Roof Profiling in Home Extension Projects
- Exceptional Features of Tile Roofing
- Factors to Consider When Choosing between Flat Roof and Corrugated Roof Tile Design
- Regent Paints Roof Coating: Why is it Best to Use Roof Coating Paint for Your Roof Tiles?
- Roof Remodeling Tips for Better Homes
- Why Do You Need Pre-Installation Inspection Prior to any Roofing and Re-roofing Project?
- Pros and Cons of Flat Roof Tiles versus Shaped Roof Tiles
- Roof Restoration without Metal Roofing: Why Should You Switch to Terracotta or Concrete Roof Tiles?
- Roof Molds: When a Roof Tear Off and Re-roofing Becomes a Necessity
- Terracotta and Concrete Roof Tiles for Sustainable Home Building
- Boral Roofing Supplier and Installer in Melbourne
- Boral Terracotta or Concrete Roofing Tiles? Consult with Ajax Gregson to Help You!!!
- Why Roofing Installation Should Never Have Any Shortcuts
- Differences between Terracotta and Concrete Roofing Tile Features and Strengths
- Focus on Safety in New Roofing Installation
- Boral French Terracotta Roof Tiles: Beauty and Classical Architecture Combined
- How Can You Protect Your Teracotta and Concrete Roof Tiles Against Water Damage and Leaks?
- Are Concrete Roof Tiles Fireproof?
- Why Should You Consider Using Roof Tiles than Asphalt Shingles?
- View all articles…
- Re-roofing Advantages and When Should You Get Rid Of Your Old Roof Tiles?
- Differences between Tile Roofs and Shingle Roofs: Reasons Why Tile Roofs Are Better
- View all articles…