Popular FAQs about Residential Tile Roof ReplacementMay 21, 2018
Tile roofing is one of the most common choices among residential property owners today in Australia. So, when it comes to the subject of reroofing, there are a few popular FAQs about residential tiles replacement that home owners often ask.
Below are just a some of the most frequently asked questions about residential tile roof replacement and the answers that you may find helpful, especially if you are considering reroofing your home:
Question: Why is my tile roof leaking, and do I need to replace the whole roof?
Answer: Although clay and concrete tiles are superior roofing materials, tiles can become damaged, such as from storms when tree branches fall on them, or when people traverse on them. A leak in your roof is serious, as rain that penetrates under your roof tiles can cause serious water damage. If you have a leak in your roof, it doesn’t mean that you have to reroof your home, in many cases all that is needed is to replace damaged roof tiles with new ones. Although, depending on the underlining water damage to the ceiling and walls, and the overall condition of the roof, reroofing may be needed.
Question: Can neglected gutters and downspouts cause roof damage?
Answer: It’s true, when gutters and downspouts become clogged from excessive debris, water will pond on the roof. When this happens, water can find its ways under roof tiles if not corrected immediately. This is why periodically having your gutter and downspouts cleaned is so important, as preventive maintenance can protect your tile roof.
Question: How can I know if my tile roof can be repaired, or if it needs to be completely replaced?
Answer: In many situations, roof tiles can simply be replaced as needed when they become damaged. However, the need for residential tile roof replacement is often prescribed if the health of the roof has deteriorated beyond its ability to protect the building, or when damage to the roof is extensive enough to warrant replacing it.
The only way to know for sure if your tile roof needs to be replaced or simply repaired is by having it inspected by a professional roofing company.
If you want to make sure that your roof is in good condition, it is recommended to have it inspected by professionals at Ajax Gregson Tiles. Our professional roofers will inspect your roof to discover if there are any potential dangers you should know about, and can repair or replace roof tiles as needed. A residential roof inspection can also determine the overall health of your roof and will help to determine if tile roof replacement is needed.
Ajax Gregson TIles
PO BOX 79, MOUNT EVELYN VIC 3796 ( Temporary )
Glen’s Mobile 0419 546 699
Mel’s Mobile 0403 486 772
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Upgrading Home Extension Design and Market Value by Using Boral Roofing Tiles
- Advantages of Re-roofing and Switching to Boral Roofing Tiles
- Signs of Aging Roof Tiles: Is DIY Fixing Good Enough?
- Why Roofing Tile Styles and Colours Should Be Part of Your Exterior Architectural Design
- Why Replacing Half a Roof is a Bad Idea?
- Making Boral Tile Reroofing as Part of Home Remodeling
- Why Sealers are Important for Concrete and Terracotta Roof Tiles
- Boral Roof Tiling: Best Choice for Roof Restoration
- New Homes and Unit Developments Can Benefit Using Boral Roofing Tiles
- Roof Coating for Concrete Tiles: What are the Benefits?
- Re-roofing with Boral Roofing Tiles: Your Best Option to Remove Nasty Moss, Molds and Mildew
- Roof Ridges Using Boral Tiles: The Importance of Proper Installation
- Popular FAQs about Residential Tile Roof Replacement
- Enhance Your Brand New Roof with Boral Terracotta and Concrete Roofing Tiles
- Boral Designer Ceramic Roof Tiles: Advantages for Your Home
- Checklist for New Home Extensions (Why Tile Roofing Must Be Included)
- How to Select Tile Roofing Materials for Optimum Results
- Reasons Why Multi-Unit Builders and Contractors Should Choose Boral Tile Roofing
- Matching Boral Roof Tile Colours with Your Overall Exterior Design
- Use Quality Boral Roofing Tiles for Your New House Extension
- Boral Roof Tiles are Perfect for the Summer Season
- Common Causes of Roofing Tile Failure and Cracking
- The Right Roofing Material is A Vital Part of Your Home Extension
- How Well Do Terracotta Roof Tiles Respond to Different Weather Conditions?
- View all articles…
- Are Concrete Roof Tiles Fireproof?
- Why Should You Consider Using Roof Tiles than Asphalt Shingles?
- View all articles…
- Re-roofing Advantages and When Should You Get Rid Of Your Old Roof Tiles?
- Differences between Tile Roofs and Shingle Roofs: Reasons Why Tile Roofs Are Better
- View all articles…