How Often Should You Clean Your Tile Roof?September 28, 2017
Buying a home is likely one of the biggest purchases that you will ever make. It makes sense that you would safeguard your purchase against wear and tear, ensuring that you keep it in as good of a shape as possible! However, even when thinking of protecting your investment you likely don't think too often of your roof. The truth is that your roof needs just as much care as the rest of your home, and most people don't even realise it! Today we are going to talk about tile roofs, their benefits, and how often you need to clean them in order to keep your home in good shape.
Why choose tile roofing?
Before we dig into cleaning your tile roof we should introduce you to a few key reasons why you should have them to begin with. Tile roofing has become more and more popular over the years, particularly in places of harsh climate, because they are designed for longevity. Between concrete tile roofing and clay tile roofing you are going to get a roof that can withstand the elements, easily shed water, and properly ventilate your home. Rile roofing also has minimal upkeep needs in comparison to asphalt shingles and other roofing of the like. Despite these obvious perks, you still are going to need to do a little bit of upkeep and that leads us to our next point.
How often should tile roofs be cleaned?
Despite the fact that your tile roofing is made to last and built to be relatively maintenance free, they aren't completely hands-off. Tile roofing still requires you to get up on your roof, or hire a service, in order to keep them clean and in great shape. How often should you have your roofing cleaned? Why should you have it done so often? We are glad that you asked.
1. Get on a cleaning schedule.
Your tile roof will need maintenance no matter what, you just have to figure out how much maintenance you need. In harsher climates, like Florida where it is always rainy and humid, you need to have your roof cleaned at least once a year. In drier climates like Arizona you can get away with doing it every other year.
2. Get professional help.
Tile roofing is an excellent way to improve your home, but it can also be damaged if you don't know how to take care of it. Treading on your tile roofing can lead to increased damage so always opt for professional help when possible.
Ajax Gregson TIles
PO BOX 79, MOUNT EVELYN VIC 3796 ( Temporary )
Glen’s Mobile 0419 546 699
Mel’s Mobile 0403 486 772
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Why Do Tile Roofs Fail? What are the Best Remedies?
- Upgrading Home Extension Design and Market Value by Using Boral Roofing Tiles
- Advantages of Re-roofing and Switching to Boral Roofing Tiles
- Signs of Aging Roof Tiles: Is DIY Fixing Good Enough?
- Why Roofing Tile Styles and Colours Should Be Part of Your Exterior Architectural Design
- Why Replacing Half a Roof is a Bad Idea?
- Making Boral Tile Reroofing as Part of Home Remodeling
- Why Sealers are Important for Concrete and Terracotta Roof Tiles
- Boral Roof Tiling: Best Choice for Roof Restoration
- New Homes and Unit Developments Can Benefit Using Boral Roofing Tiles
- Roof Coating for Concrete Tiles: What are the Benefits?
- Re-roofing with Boral Roofing Tiles: Your Best Option to Remove Nasty Moss, Molds and Mildew
- Roof Ridges Using Boral Tiles: The Importance of Proper Installation
- Popular FAQs about Residential Tile Roof Replacement
- Enhance Your Brand New Roof with Boral Terracotta and Concrete Roofing Tiles
- Boral Designer Ceramic Roof Tiles: Advantages for Your Home
- Checklist for New Home Extensions (Why Tile Roofing Must Be Included)
- How to Select Tile Roofing Materials for Optimum Results
- Reasons Why Multi-Unit Builders and Contractors Should Choose Boral Tile Roofing
- Matching Boral Roof Tile Colours with Your Overall Exterior Design
- Use Quality Boral Roofing Tiles for Your New House Extension
- Boral Roof Tiles are Perfect for the Summer Season
- Common Causes of Roofing Tile Failure and Cracking
- The Right Roofing Material is A Vital Part of Your Home Extension
- How Well Do Terracotta Roof Tiles Respond to Different Weather Conditions?
- View all articles…
- Are Concrete Roof Tiles Fireproof?
- Why Should You Consider Using Roof Tiles than Asphalt Shingles?
- View all articles…
- Re-roofing Advantages and When Should You Get Rid Of Your Old Roof Tiles?
- Differences between Tile Roofs and Shingle Roofs: Reasons Why Tile Roofs Are Better
- View all articles…