Common Causes of Roofing Tile Failure and CrackingJanuary 16, 2018
Maintaining your home is important, surprisingly, the largest area of a home to care for is the roof. This is why many home owners in Australia choose Boral roofing tiles or terracotta roof tiles because they are hardy, last a long time, and require only minimal maintenance. However, even quality roofing tiles can crack and fail under certain circumstances.
Knowing the common causes of roofing tile failure and cracking is the best way to prevent damage to your roof, and it will save you a lot of money in repair costs.
Roofing Tile Failure and Cracking and Their Common Causes
Understanding why roof tiles crack helps home owners to properly care for their tile roofs. In the long-run, preventive maintenance is always best, especially in regards to maintaining your roof, but the fact is that some common causes of roofing tile failure and cracking are just unavoidable accidents.
Not all roofing tiles are the same, for example, newer Boral tiles are superior to older cement and clay tiles, as these will not crack as older roofing tiles will with age. Repairing and replacing cracked roof tiles as soon as possible is very important because it will prevent any costly water damage, such as wood rot and the development of mold and mildew.
In fact, as older roof tiles start to show their age, and repairs become more frequent, especially if older clay and cement roof tiles are untreated, reroofing with modern Boral roofing tiles or concrete roof tiles becomes the best financial solution.
These are some of the common causes of roofing tile failure and cracking you can avoid:
Roof tiles become brittle with age – untreated older clay roof tiles, and even cement tiles can become brittle with age and exposure to the elements and can crack. Cracked roofing tiles fail to prevent water from entering you roof and can cause serious water damage.
Untreated roofing tiles – without a coat of paint or protective layer of roof sealant, some types of clay roof tiles are unable to prevent moisture from penetrating the surface of tiles, which can cause cracking when the moisture expand due to heat from the sun.
Foot traffic – this can damage roof tiles, causing them to crack and fail. Not allowing just anyone to mount your roof can definitely limit the risk of your roof tiles becoming damaged from foot traffic. You should only allow experienced personnel to traverse your roof, such as licensed builders and professional roofing contractors.
Fallen tree branches – the impact damage caused from fallen tree branches. Impact damage from fallen tree branches is one of the most common causes of roofing tile failure and cracking.
Roofing professionals at Ajax Gregson Tiles can inspect the condition and health of your roof and point out any potential dangers, such as trees that are too close to your home, or if your old roof tiles need to be repaired or replaced.
Ajax Gregson TIles
PO BOX 79, MOUNT EVELYN VIC 3796 ( Temporary )
Glen’s Mobile 0419 546 699
Mel’s Mobile 0403 486 772
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Boral Roof Tiling: Best Choice for Roof Restoration
- New Homes and Unit Developments Can Benefit Using Boral Roofing Tiles
- Roof Coating for Concrete Tiles: What are the Benefits?
- Re-roofing with Boral Roofing Tiles: Your Best Option to Remove Nasty Moss, Molds and Mildew
- Roof Ridges Using Boral Tiles: The Importance of Proper Installation
- Popular FAQs about Residential Tile Roof Replacement
- Enhance Your Brand New Roof with Boral Terracotta and Concrete Roofing Tiles
- Boral Designer Ceramic Roof Tiles: Advantages for Your Home
- Checklist for New Home Extensions (Why Tile Roofing Must Be Included)
- How to Select Tile Roofing Materials for Optimum Results
- Reasons Why Multi-Unit Builders and Contractors Should Choose Boral Tile Roofing
- Matching Boral Roof Tile Colours with Your Overall Exterior Design
- Use Quality Boral Roofing Tiles for Your New House Extension
- Boral Roof Tiles are Perfect for the Summer Season
- Common Causes of Roofing Tile Failure and Cracking
- The Right Roofing Material is A Vital Part of Your Home Extension
- How Well Do Terracotta Roof Tiles Respond to Different Weather Conditions?
- View all articles…
- Are Concrete Roof Tiles Fireproof?
- Why Should You Consider Using Roof Tiles than Asphalt Shingles?
- View all articles…
- Re-roofing Advantages and When Should You Get Rid Of Your Old Roof Tiles?
- Differences between Tile Roofs and Shingle Roofs: Reasons Why Tile Roofs Are Better
- View all articles…